// A b o u t T h e V i d e o //
Hi, guys! Welcome to my video! This is my all-time fall favorite: a vegan red lentil soup. For this recipe, I added Ptitim/Pearl Couscous, this way it is consistent enough to be an entire meal. If you omit the pasta it will be low in carbs, so super delicious, vegan and healthy. This is my own creation so please, make this soup but don’t share this recipe on other websites without my permission. Hope you enjoy this video! Please give it a thumbs up and subscribe to my channel!
1 cup red lentils
2 big carrots
1 or 2 onions
2 gloves of garlic
2 liters of water
1 small can of tomato paste
2 cubes of vegetable stock
2 tablespoons of olive oil
2 tablespoons of cumin
2 tablespoons of curcuma
2 tablespoons of paprika
1 tablespoon of black pepper
A bit of salt to taste (I often omit this ingredient)
- Sautée the onion and garlic in olive oil;
- Add half of all the spices;
- After 1 minute or 2, add the diced carrots, sautée for a minute or two as well;
- Add the red lentils, mix it with all the other ingredients;
- Add the rest of the spices; the bouillon cubes; water and tomato paste;
- Mix well and simmer for 20 to 30 minutes on a medium heat;
- Mix the soup with a mixer;
- Taste the soup to check if the seasoning is right, if not, add spices to taste, add water to the desired consistency;
- Add the ptitim/pearl couscous and cook it following the packaging instructions.
- Ready to serve, enjoy!
Until Next Time,
Love | Sarah K.